- CONFESSIONS – Confessions are still heard Saturdays from 3:30-5pm. And in Spanish, Sundays from 11:15am -12:15pm. Currently, they WILL NOT be heard in the regular confessional. To help with physical distancing, a make shift area will be set up toward the front of the church, by the St. Joseph Altar. You may also contact Fr. Philip for individual confessions outside of the regularly scheduled time, by calling the office. Look for the PRACTICE CONFESSION & Examination of Conscience Links below!
- KEEPING HOLY THE SABBATH – While we now have the opportunity to attend Mass, it is not required, not an obligation, and is not a sin, if we choose to stay home. The Archbishop has given special DISPENSATION during this time of COVID craziness. If you are not able to attend Holy Mass, there are still many ways that you can keep Sundays holy. Get out your bible or favorite app and read the Sunday Readings. Set up your house like a mini chapel, complete with an altar and “pews”. Go through as much as the Mass as you can. Sing one of your favorite songs, with the help of YouTube. Pray for the Body of Christ, and unite yourself to God and His church. Tune in to one of the many Masses available on YouTube, or click here to pray along with St. Mary’s.
- FAITH FORMATION & SACRAMENTAL PREP– Regular Classes for 2019-20 are done, but First Communions ARE STILL HAPPENING! Contact the Religious Ed. Office to check or confirm your child’s 1st date. We will be having smaller gatherings until all 73 1st Communicants have recieved Our Lord: BODY, BLOOD, SOUL, & DIVINITY! If you are looking for extra ways to prepare your child for this blessed Sacrament, checkout some of the links below for Reconciliation & Eucharist Prep! Jump over to the HS page for the Confirmation info. You can always email Mrs. Berna if you need anything. email@example.com.
1st Communions 2020 Covid Style – What Now? Read this first.
1st Communion Quick Catechism – What you should know Good start for your kids preparing for 1st Communion. (Ingles y Espanol)
PRACTICE CONFESSION Practice Practice Practica!! (Ingles y Espanol)
KEEP YOUR FAMILY HEALTHY & HOLY!
Click JOIN NOW!
Register for FREE! Just find our parish, check your email, follow the link, and explore all kinds of great materials! Video Programs, Books, Movies, Cartoons, Audio Talks, and much much more!!
You can also get the app in the App Store! JOIN NOW!
STAY IN THE KNOW
- To get updates sent directly to your phone: Visit flocknote.com/StMaryCatholicChurch6/
- and don’t forget to LIKE & FOLLOW us on Facebook >>
To receive 1st Reconciliation(Confession), 1st Eucharist(Communion), or Confirmation, sacramental prep class & regular religious ed attendance is required.
It is a 2-yr program for 1st Sacraments, starting with Reconciliation class every 1st Sunday during (ideally) the 1st grade year, followed by another year of 1st Sunday classes before receiving Holy Communion. Each year there is a day-retreat for parents and students to deepen their love and understanding of each Sacrament. This is in addition to regular Faith Formation classes held either every Wednesday or every Sunday.
It is also a 2-yr program for Confirmation. Youth will again meet every Wednesday or Sunday in preparation for this very important Sacrament. Service Project, Retreats, Mentor Meetings, and other requirements are also a part of St. Mary’s Confirmation preparation.
The 2-year programs will help to ensure the child’s understanding and readiness for each of these amazing Sacraments. REGISTER NOW