Our motto is “CHARITY AND UNITY”.
Catholic Daughters of the Americas (known as CDA) is one of the largest organizations of Catholic women in the world. The Knights of Columbus established the order in 1903. CDA courts are located throughout the United States, Latin America, the Caribbean and the Pacific.
Why should you join?
- To deepen your spiritual life and share your faith.
- To promote love of God, church and country.
- To share your talents, gain leadership skills and develop new friendships.
What we do:
- Undertake religious, charitable and educational works through national program – The Circle of Love
- Encourage participation in these ministries of the Church.
- Become aware of and to participate in service to the needs of society.
- Sponsor and support JCDA.
- Provide education contests for youth.
- Encourage women to speak out in the legislative area (local, state and national) on issues of human life, rights, justice and peace.
CDA, Court Marion is based out of St. Mary Parish in Mt. Angel, however, many members come from the surrounding parishes. We hold an Arts & Crafts/Bake Sale in December; have a dedicated Quilting Group who meet once a week on Wednesdays; collect toiletries for Project Handclasp; provide funeral luncheons for the parish. Support local projects as Mission Benedict, St. Joseph’s Shelter, Fr. Bernard Youth Center, to name a few plus support Oregon State and National projects like Habitat for Humanity, Disaster Relief, SOAR, the Grotto, Veterans Fund, Father Taaffe Foundation and others.
Meeting date: the 3rd Monday of each month, 7 p.m., meeting room downstairs in the Parish Center September through June except for a few special occasions.
For more information, contact Regent Katie Martin 503.580.1610 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.